Stretching benefits ranges from increased body flexibility to, boosting your body posture, reducing stress levels, minimizing general body parts aches, and so much more. By just stretching your body fitness can be protected from injury.
What stretching benefits you could get from your exercise?
Top stretching benefits include; an increase in the flow of blood throughout your bloodstream, a perfect way to get rid of that lower back pains that have been nagging you for a while now, your body gets a boost in general performance when it comes to the general physical performances, a perfect way to get that peace of mind, and reduces headaches mostly the ones as a result of tension.
Tips of Getting Full Splits Stretching, Hip Power and Instant Lower Back Comfort
Types of stretching techniques
The techniques which can be used when it comes to stretching include:
- Dynamic stretching
- Static stretching
- Passive stretching
- Active stretching
- Ballistic stretching
- PNF stretching
But the most used forms of stretching are the static and dynamic ones. For static stretching, someone holds a stretch in a particularly comfortable position for some time. Let us say for a maximum of 30 minutes. This is highly recommended to be done after taking part in exercise sessions.
For the dynamic stretching technique, you have to be involved in active movements that force the muscles of your body to stretch. These stretches are done before you start your exercise sessions to put your muscles in a good position for that movement.
What to do before starting the stretching
If you haven’t done any sort of stretches before, take everything slow, there is that need for your body to get used to the new exercise routine just like any other physical activity.
Use the best techniques to avoid injuries always. For instance use that solid hold of the perfect form and technique too.
Stretches can be done at any time of the day, a maximum of 20 minutes of dynamic stretching before your exercise session, and another 10 minutes of static stretches after your exercise session.
Tips for getting full splits while stretching
The following tips will ensure that as you stretch you will get full stretching benefits from your workouts, gain that hips power, and instant lower back comfort as you do so and afterwards too.
- You need to ensure your safety first; Stick to stretches that your doctor has allowed you to take part in especially if you have an acute or existing injury. Talk first to that trusted sports or medicine/ physical therapist if you have a history of chronic or an injury that nags you whenever you take part in any exercise. They will come up with the best way to handle your stretches without aggravating the injury further.
- While stretching avoid any kind of bouncing, bouncing was initially best in ballistic stretching as it was thought to increase flexibility. It has been avoided as per experts on this. Only do so with your doctor’s or therapist’s permission.
- Keep the stretches to the comfort points only don’t overdo it beyond the comfort zones. Once you feel some pain from doing this instead of just the usual pressure you should stop. If you experience any pain as you go on with your stretch retort back to a normal position until you are comfortable once again.
- Keep the stretches to normal levels don’t overdo it. It may put extra pressure on your body as it is an exercise just like any other. You are faced with a risk of causing damage to your hip and lower muscles if you keep overdoing the stretches several times daily too.
- Do your stretches after your usual workouts, this way you will not have cold muscles as you stretch. Cold muscles are known to be so workable on and thus stretching will become an issue and complicated. You can also warm your muscles by doing some warm-ups for a maximum of 10 minutes. This can be achieved by having some light exercises such as walking or jogging. More resources for stretching here.